Sunday, August 3, 2014

Maiden Voyage

I planned every detail of building my cobia catching boat while I was in Afghanistan. I put Bennett Sport Trim Tabs on, had a brand new Simrad depth finder and structure scan installed, new led lights, and to top it all off had a custom cobia tower built. The only catch was it took nearly 4 months to complete. Ill say she is one beautiful Kencraft Challenger though.


But finally we were ready to take her for her maiden voyage looking for the cobia despite bad weather predictions. Lee and I head out and begin looking from our new perch.

 
The wind finally laid down and Lee and I started seeing "surfers" as they were high enough to skim the top of the water with their fins. We had some shots but only one came tight. Got our first cobia in the boat and gladly took some photos and released it. That was it for our day, the wind picked up and we lost em. Not a bad start to our boating year, too bad I have to go to Texas for a couple weeks!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment