Saturday, March 2, 2013

A change of view

I went out on 3/14/12 for some Tog action. I had been watching the reports and they weren’t coming back favorable but I had to change the scenery. The water temps had been spiking to around 50 so I knew it should be on. Lee called me up and told me where I could get some bait and I was off. On a side note most places should be carrying Fiddlers by this weekend. The action turned on for a bit and while pulling several healthy fish out I managed to let one back in its hole before setting the hook. When I set it I managed to break a heavy action rod. After hearing what sounded like a gun shot I looked up to see my rod in two pieces. I pulled on the line and could still feel the fish but I couldnt get it free. I pulled until the leader broke off, hopefully setting the fish free. I fished from noon till six and managed 8 Tog, with both a male and a female going 20” a piece. I released all the fish because they are about to spawn and these fish while tasty need to be around a while.

Image

Image

Fat Bowling Ball female
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment